The Ulverstone Football Club (the club) was established in 1887.
Dr.Sir John McCall was the first elected president. The first games of the Club were played in a paddock where Leven and William streets are today, with the hill acting as a natural grandstand. The club is now based at the Ulverstone Recreation Ground at the corner of Water and Victoria Streets.
A social committee was formed in1888 and the first ladies committee was formed in 1930.
The club became an incorporated body in 1974 and retains that incorporation.
New clubrooms established at the Ulverstone Recreation Ground were opened in 1982. The clubrooms were built with the support of the (then) Ulverstone Municipal Council, valued sponsors and substantial voluntary labour and financial contributions.
The purpose of the club is to provide a recreational and social outlet for person's interested in (but not limited to) Australia Rules Football. Involvement of the club is extended to and involves a junior development program that aids not only in the development of young athletes but in shaping good citizens of the future.
Administration and operation of the Club are directed and managed by a committed group of volunteers.